If YOU WANT TO WIN AT MAKING YOUR WEBSITE WORK FOR YOU, YOU NEED SOME GOOD TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEWS.
Any serious business has, by now, understood that having a well presented website is the basic necessity to try to gain new business.The result of this is that almost everyone has now got one!
So your target market, whether business or consumer, can see a staggering array of products and services, easily from their desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.
Historically personal recommendations, also known as ‘word of mouth’, have played an important role in part of the buyer’s decision-making process.
Survey after survey has shown that customers read online reviews before making a decision, (84% do in a recent study), and 74% said that a positive online review would help them trust a local business.
- The best way to start is to ask your customers for reviews. If you provide a good service, most consumers are generally more than happy to say so, if encouraged.
- Don’t offer financial incentives though, that can backfire and be perceived as unethical!
- If you get the odd negative response, it might be a good idea to assess the content carefully and act upon it.
- Your Google Business page is essential and other sites such as TrustPilot are recommended.
- It’s important to make sure your business is listed on directories where reviews are easy to load.
- Have a form on your website for your customers to leave a review easily, you can then choose the best ones to add to your Testimonials page.
- Invite your best, most valued, customers to make a video testimonial, the best, most credible communication tool of all.