Video in marketing communications leads to a higher level of engagement with your customers and prospects, whether your marketing to businesses or consumers.
Here are a few advantages of why to use video.
- The inherent ability to use verbal, visual, and non-verbal cues provides a strong advantage over written text in delivering your message effectively.
- Video helps retain and maintain interest for longer periods of time, in an era when attention spans are being increasingly eroded at every turn.
- Video provides an opportunity to mirror the real world, engage the viewer, and deliver a higher level of perceived value.
- Most interestingly it provides the platform for demonstration. Don’t tell your people how your product or service works, show them!
- Videos can be embedded in emails, added to websites, and posted to social media.
The barrier to most organisations in using video, historically, has always been cost. However, the costs of equipment and software have fallen dramatically in recent years, and there are more talented people around now to get the most from it.